On the Arabian Peninsula, Sand Cats were recorded in
In the following map, the markers point to locations where Sand Cats were recorded after 2000. The markers indicate areas where Sand Cats were captured or sighted between 1858 and the mid 1980s. For further information about individual locations : click on the marker to zoom in.
- Ahmed, S., R. Al Zaabi, P. Soorae, J. N. Shah, E. Al Hammadi, R. Pusey & S. Al Dhaheri (2016). Rediscovering the Arabian Sand Cat (Felis margarita harrisoni) after a gap of 10 years using camera traps in the Western Region of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. European Journal of Wildlife Research
- Cunningham, P. (2002). Status of the Sand Cat, Felis margarita, in the United Arab Emirates. Zoology in the Middle East 25(1): 9–14.
- Hamidan, N. & N. Al-Gheyyath (2017). Further records of the Sand Cat, Felis margarita, from the eastern desert, Jordan. Jordan Journal of Natural History 4: 71–74.
- Mohammad, K. M., S. R. Lahony & H. M. Al-Rammahi (2013). First record of the Sand Cat, Felis margarita Loche, 1858 (Mammalia: Carnivora, Felidae), from Iraq. Zoology in the Middle East 59(4): 358–359.
- Serra, G., M. S. Abdallah & G. A. Qaim (2007). Occurrence of Rüppell's Fox, Vulpes rueppelli, and Sand Cat, Felis margarita, in Syria. Zoology in the Middle East 42(1): 99–102.
- Sher Shah, M., & P. Cunningham (2008). Fences as a threat to Sand Cats, Felis margarita Loche 1858, in Saudi Arabia. Zoology in the Middle East 44(1): 104–106.